Let's Eat

I told y'all I was testing out my ankle last week, and it has been reaffirmed that I'm not back to 100% yet. Arrgggg! That's how I feel. I want to run, which is a big deal for me, but I'm not ready yet. My ankle doesn't look like this anymore, but I definitely don't have all my mobility or strength back yet.


Patience. No sense in rushing back before it's completely healed and prolonging the injury. That's what I keep telling myself. The only problem is, I don't always listen.


In other news, Dallas has a new marketing slogan. BIG things happen here. They've placed these letters in several locations throughout the city, and one of those locations happens to be the Dallas Zoo. I took my picture to enter the photo contest and posted it on my Twitter page. Ms. Lauren Saulter responded with this comment, "B.G. Does that stand for Big Guns?" Love it! Another reason why we're friends!

Food. We bobsledders love our food. That's one of the great thing about doing a winter sport with heavy equipment. Thermogenesis and cardio means we can eat to our hearts content (or what our wallets allow). This was one such day in January 2012. Ms. Megan Hill and I had finished a long day of sliding in Whistler, and we needed some sustenance. We were both craving burgers, so we hit up the Brewhouse Pub. If you're ever in Whistler, you should give it a try. Especially if you're lucky enough to be there on trivia night. Jay, Berit, Kelsey, Anna & I were there on trivia night this season. We didn't win, but I'm sure it was hilarious listening to us try. Anyhow, I laugh every time I watch this clip of Megan enjoying her food.


That wraps up this random post. Enjoy something wonderful to eat today. I know I will.