Leapin' Lizards

Another week...another post. If you're counting (which I most certainly am), that's three weeks straight. Kachow! That just happened. Unfortunately, there's not much to report since last week. Sorry if you were looking forward to one of my famous marathon posts, which I know you all LOVE reading. I really wish tone carried better through print. I suppose that I'm wishing for video, but I don't want to record myself talking. So, I guess I'll just keep writing.

Anyhow, I started working out at Zoom again yesterday. It was kind of rough, as I expected it to be after a few weeks off. They were much needed, but getting back into summer training isn't going to be fun. No running this week, just testing out my ankle with lifts and some light plyos. It's a little swollen today. Don't want to rush back, push it too hard and set myself back more. I'm trying to be smart, which is easier said than done once I walk in and see all the other athletes working out. It's been a very long time since I was injured beyond a strain, stuff you just take a few days rest to heal. It's been 4 weeks, and I want my ankle to be normal again. Poof! Done.

Despite a light day, I'm pretty sore. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. The second day is always the worst. Unforturnately, when I wake up in the morning, it will be the second day, and I can't magically skip it. So, I will roll out of my bed with a groan and simply soldier on.

The Clip of the Week is brought to us by a little lizard named Jameleon, official mascot for the men's contingent of the Australian bobsled. Jameleon, now replaced by his less breakable cousin Jerri, travels everywhere with the Spence Bob Squad. Last December, he took a trip down the hill with US pilot Cory Butner. This is the craziness that occurs when bobsledders have no upcoming competitions, just training for weeks on end. I'm so glad I was there to capture this greatness.