Day 6 at the OTC

Recap:

1. Wake up early
2. Breakfast
3. Catch the van to the push track
4. Long warm up (really long when your muscles are this sore)
5. Short push track session
6. More breakfast
7. Chill in cafeteria
8. Cold Tub (Again Brrrr!!!)
9. Lunch
10. Chill in the cafeteria
11. Card games with some other rookies
11. Foam Roll and more cold tub (both are considered self inflicted torture)
12. Dinner
13. Another team meeting
14. Chill in teh cafeteria for another few hours
15. Sleep

I was beat from the combine, and I slept really hard. It was rough being the first group out at the push track this morning. It was good to get those muscles moving, but it wasn't pleasant. That's an understatement, but we'll let it ride. The warm up this morning was to get us loosened up and get some of that lactic acid build-up out. It worked, but those backwards lunges for 50m almost did me in. My quads are pretty sore, especially that area right above your kneecaps that always gets sore. We all took it really easy this morning, just one or two hits each.

It was still breakfast time when we got back, so I headed in with the other girls for a bowl of cereal. Then we started the rest of a long day of doing nothing. It's amazing how much longer a day feels when there is really nothing planned. We really don't leave the building either, so it can drag quite easily.

We are taking the day to try and recover from our combine. That included cold tubbing twice. I've had my fair share of hours in the cold tub through college, but this is arctic in comparison. The water was 46 degrees this morning. That is just stinkin' cold! I stayed red for an hour after that one. I know it helps, so I continue to get in. It really isn't that bad after the first three minutes. Once you go numb, you're golden. The foam rolling was not fun either. So much pain!

I learned how to play card golf and a variety of other card games today. There was a lot of hanging out with other rookies in the lounge and cafeteria, lots of long conversations about how this all works and where it could lead us in the next few months. We are all pretty clueless still about the whole process, which is normal for rookies. We'll figure it all out eventually.

Tomorrow is the big day. Push Championships! I'm pushing with other crazy, amazing athletes. The advice I've gotten from everyone is, "Just crush it!" So, that's the plan. Just crush it. And then grab my stuff, jump in the van and head for the airport. I'll let you know the outcomes, probably while I'm sitting in the van or the airport. Tomorrow could be a really long day, but I'm excited for the morning!