Moving On Up

Megan and I have been promoted! We took one successful run from the lower Ladies Start yesterday. Due to "warm weather" the track was much slower, so we moved up on our third run. (It was 33 degrees instead of the single digits. Still cold, but not nearly as cold. This heat wave made the ice much softer than it had been the days previous.)

Megan was only planning on taking two runs from Novice and calling it a day. After two clean runs, the coaches decided it was time for her to move up. So we put our sled on a truck and headed up to Curve 3. We'll stay there until probably Thursday. Then we'll head to the top. We won't be running it off till next week, so I'll just be walking the sled to the crest and hopping in the first few runs of the top. This is no time to get crazy!

I'm very happy to say I'm thoroughly enjoying my day off. After sliding early yesterday morning and lifting in the afternoon, Megan and I were ready to relax. We hit up the hot tub, met some very interesting characters, cleaned up and went out to dinner. The village has a great central shopping and restaurant area, and it's beautiful at night. There's an ice skating rink, all the trees are covered in lights and tons of people were out enjoying the snowy night. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them uploaded.

We had some amazing BBQ chicken pizza at a local pub. So good! I even had to help Meg finish hers off. Yes, Katy & Sarah, I did ask her if she was going to finish that. Haha! I know you'll appreciate that. It was like being back in the caf at college. A happy plate is a clean plate! Then we walked to the movies theater and saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It was very good, possibly the best Mission Impossible yet. Lofty words, I know, but that is how I feel. On our way back to the house I really wanted to chase someone or drive a car really fast. Luckily I did not give in to either whim, but it was a close call. Bobsled is dangerous enough for me.