America's Cup Crew

It's been snowing for days, and I love it! Megan and I were talking about the snow yesterday. Even when you're frozen after a day of sliding, there's something very beautiful about fresh snow falling. I've never lived in a ski town, but I could definitely imagine myself living here. I'd be out snowboarding every chance I got! We're staying in a group of condos near right near the slopes. You can take the bus outside our door to the lift and head up the mountain. I'm so jealous of the dozens of snowboarders we pass every morning on the way to the track. I would highly recommend Whistler as a ski vacation destination, and I plan on coming back for leisure some time. I wouldn't consider this trip leisure. Any trip you have to go to the gym 3 times a week, lift heavy objects all the time, and get banged around in a bobsled is not technically leisure in my book. Not complaining about this trip, just imagining how fun a ski trip would be.

Well, day 5 of 18 was great. Megan had three more successful runs from the Novice start. She's getting a good feel for the track. We'll slide from Novice again tomorrow, and then we get Sunday off. Coach Dionne has suggested we can move up to the Ladies Luge start on Monday. That will put us into Curve 3. That's were the rest of our group is now, plus two of the South Korean sleds moved up there today too. Heath Spence joined us at Novice Start today. He's a driver for the Australian team. He's been on the America's Cup tour with us this season, and he spent an extra week in Lake Placid after our race. He's a very entertaining character!

With the World Championships in Lake Placid in about a month, quite a few teams have opted to skip these Canadian World Cup races. The boys were pointing out today that with Nick, Corey, Heath, Cripps, Megan & Helen, this is basically the group of bobsledders that were on America's Cup this season. They're all getting a shot at World Cup. You never know what will happen in the wild world of bobsled. Opportunities present themselves at the craziest moments, and you have to be ready take some risks and jump in. Can't wait to see what opportunities come along for me! This trip was a big one, and I'm taking advantage of every minute!