Bring the Heat

We made it! Megan and I took our first runs at Whistler today, and she drove like a pro!


Everyone was at the Novice Start today, which goes into Curve 7. This is like Start 4 in Lake Placid (where we started in driving school). Our first run was a little rough, but we made it. The next 2 were smooth sailing. Nick, Corey, Jamie & Joy plan on moving up to Ladies Luge start tomorrow, which goes into Curve 3. Meg and I will be at the Novice start for at least 1 run tomorrow. Whatever she needs to do to feel comfortable is great with me! No arguments here.

It was freakishly cold here today. My feet felt like blocks of ice walking into the condo. I sat in all my layers in front of the fire to eat lunch. It was -4 degrees F when we got to the track and snowing. So cold. And our sleds are in a metal shipping container sitting in a snow bank. So cold. We had a tiny little low voltage space heater which was on overnight and didn't even melt the snow we'd tracked in on the floor in front of it. So cold. And then I had to take my boots off and run on ice with wool socks and my bob spikes. So cold. I'll have to take a picture of Ida and I before we head off tomorrow. We stuff stocking caps and big winter gloves in the front of our sliding suits so we have them at the finish line. It looks like a power gut. Oh, so attractive with our lacrosse shoulder pads on. Hotness!

That's our big news of the day. I'm signing off and heading to the outdoor hot tub in the middle of our complex. If the Canadians can do it, so can we! It will be an invigorating run back to the condo! Brrr!