Not Quite, But Way Closer

Today was the big day. I did much better than last summer, but I'm not quite there yet. My running still needs some work, but I'm happy with my results. I had personal bests in every category. I met some new friends, and the coaches remembered me. Overall, I'd consider it a very successful day.

I scored 100 more points than last summer, which puts me right under 500 points. I was 0.01 seconds from scoring on the 45m running category, and I scored in every other category. So, when I run 0.01 seconds faster, I'll already be at 550 points. That puts me just 50 points short of making the team. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Katy and Aunt Kay were there to cheer me on and take lots of pictures. I'll post them soon, so you can feel like you were there too. Caitlyn, one of the Zoom trainers whom I talked into coming, did really well. John, the trainer in charge of sports development at Zoom, came out for the morning too.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it.
Since I wrote this post on Saturday, my results from the combine came in. I actually did score the minimum in the 45m category, so I got the 50 points. My total for the combine was 548 points. That's only 52 points short of my goal and an even bigger improvement from last summer. So excited!

I also want to thank everyone again for all your support and encouragement! It means a lot to have so many people rooting for me. I'm not sure what exactly comes next, but I'll keep you up to date as I find out. I'm hoping to head up to a push camp in either Park City or Lake Placid this summer. One of the girls I met today is a driver in training and is always looking for brakeman. It would be great to make a trip with her and get lots of practice in one trip. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted. Enjoy your weekend, and look for some footage in the near future.