I feel happy of myself!



I wish I was related to this kid! Anytime I need a little motivation, I'll pull up this video. Greatness!

I also had another source of motivation this weekend. I was at the track doing a workout Saturday morning, and I saw someone sitting in the discus ring. I didn't pay much attention and went on with my workout. All the sudden I look up, and boy was I in for a shock. Standing in the ring was a woman, who had to have been at least 70 something, practicing hammer-throw. Seriously. She must compete at master's track meets, and she was pretty good for an old bird. I was highly impressed. Then she did her stretches, walked a few laps, grabbed her gear and headed home. Love it! She isn't quite as old as Ruth Frith, but she was getting up there. These clips of Ruth are amazing. She is now over 100 and still dominating the world circuit.



Here's an interview with Ruth 2 years later at 100 years old. She's my hero!


And I just couldn't pass this video up. I was impressed these guys were able to get back up out of the blocks, let alone book it like they did. Nice work! I bet they crossed the finish line and said, "I feel happy with myself!"



That's all I've got for this week. 13 days! This is my last hard week of preparation, and then we'll see what I'm made of. I'll leave you with the wise words of this bike riding kid, "Everybody, I know you can believe in yourself!"