#TeamVogt - That's You!

This post is dedicated to my ridiculously awesome, super supportive family and friends. My support team is unreal when I stop and think about you all. I just wanted to take some time to share with everyone how great they are. I don't know if anyone outside my family will read this. If you're a member of Team Vogt, just pat yourself on the back and know how much I love you. You know who you are. You don't even have to read past this. Have a great day and keep being awesome.

First, humongous hugs and thanks to my amazing parents!!!!! Words can't express how much their love and support mean to me. They're always cheering me on, giving me pep talks when I need them and praying for me. They were able to come to Lake Placid this season and cheer me on during my first World Cup race. They also came to Park City again this year to watch my 2nd World Cup race. And they bundled up and flew to Whistler for my last World Cup race of the season. So fun! I am so grateful and excited they were able to be part of those memories. We even stuck around Vancouver and Seattle for a few days of site seeing afterwards, which was a blasty blast. I love that they can vacation without a solid plan and just wing with me. We explored the cities, the parks, the forests, the shops, the underground cities and all the food vendors we could handle.


My extended family is SO amazing! Thank you to every aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandparent who has housed me during my travels. You make cross-country road trips even more enjoyable. I love spending time with each of you and my mom feels better that I'm not in a hotel. Ron & Laurie, Lynn & Brenda Plett, Phil & Joyce Neufeld, along with Kim & Chad Bengen all hosted me at some point this year. Thank you for the standing invitation into each of your homes. Thank you Kay & Jeff for all the rides to the airport. Thank you to every other family member who cheers from both near and far by text, phone calls, social media, email or in person. Thank you so much for your prayers! I have such a big support system in you all!

The Neufeld Clan circa 2013

So much love goes out to my host family in Utah. Dave and Vicki Richards have welcomed me into their home for several winters now, and they are such lovely people. Sam, Bronson and Sunny are their 3 dogs I also look forward to seeing every year. This family's gracious hospitality has allowed me to train for weeks on end in Park City when I would not have been able to afford it otherwise, so thank you for helping me get better each season.



How can you not love that face?
To the Wittich family, thank you for accepting me as your surrogate family member. Katy and I have been roommates since college, and I couldn't ask for a better Jesus loving, book reading, movie watching, food loving, tap dancing, generally amazing human of a best friend and roommate. David and Julie, I look forward catching up with you on the next Skype call I sneak into.




Sarah and Shantini, thank you for the funny phone calls and being genuine friends. I love you both!

I also have to give a shout-out to my fan club at Fairview Mennonite Brethren Church. Grandma Carolyn is one of my biggest supporters and everyone in her home town of Fairview, OK, knows it. I recently went for a visit and felt like a local celebrity. So many people stopped me to share their support and see how the season went. Can't tell you how many times I heard, "I keep up with you on Facebook and through your Grandma. Keep up the good work!". Haha! Love it! Thanks for the support!

Hi-fives to my Dallas peeps! I love my Covenant Church family. From singles groups, Bible studies, volunteer groups and Venue, Can't leave out AOS Engineering compatriots both current and previous or all the guys from Zoom and David, Jonny and my gym family at Performance Vault/Adaptive Training Foundation. I always love seeing your smiling faces and catching up after being away all winter. You make my heart so happy!



This is like an Oscar speech. I was just sitting in the audience completely unprepared when they called my name as the winner. As I hug and kiss everyone around me and walk towards the stage to accept my little golden man in a state of complete disbelief, my mind is whirling trying to think of everyone I will need to thank. As I step up to the podium, I'm already seeing the countdown ticker and rushing to get everyone in that deserves so much praise. I sat down to type tonight and thought of everyone who made this season possible. Team Vogt is a huge group, and I know I've forgotten people. Please don't cry. I didn't mean it. It's just that I gave myself 30 minutes to write this post before I have to sleep, and my brain didn't pull up your name in the Rolodex in that very short window in front of the mic. I still love you and am so grateful for your support. #TeamVogt