Christmas in July

I'm so excited for the Summer Olympics, but I saw several Winter Olympic videos today that I decided to share. It follows the general theme, so here we go.

My friend Ben Lisson on the Australian men's bobsled team just made this video of our time on World Cup in Calgary and Whistler this season. I met Ben, Garreth, Lucas and Heath in Utah at the beginning of the America's Cup season, and they are tons of fun. They even ended up going to both World Cup races I did, so we were together literally the whole season. Anyhow, this is another great glimpse into our bobsled life behind the scenes. Driving, sliding, lifting, working on sleds, sanding runners, pushing in the Ice House and generally just being ridiculous. The only thing missing is eating. Lots of eating.



Watching Ben's video led me to this gem. How I've been in bobsledding an entire year and not seen this clip is a tragic mystery.



Then I came across this video made right before the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. I'm pretty sure I've posted it before, but it's crazy watching it now. Lake Placid is my home track, I know all those guys, and I've driven a bobsled from the top. CRAZY!!! This video is a great view of what we do everyday. Lots of grunt work and adrenaline rushes all for the love of the sport.



And to wrap up with wintery Christmas in July post, some more video of athletes at the OTC just doing what they do. That's how we roll yo.