Purple Pride


I know I don't normally post about other sports, but my Kansas State Wildcat volleyball girls just upset the No. 2 ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers! The Wildcats beat Wichita State University in 3 games to win the opening round match-up. Tonight I watched them battle it out with one of the top ranked teams in the nation and win. So exciting! They head to Hawaii for the Sweet 16 and play on December 9th. GO CATS!

I was watching the game live on the Nebraska athletics website. They were playing in Nebraska in front of a packed house. Nebraska had never trailed at home, let alone lost a match this year. The K-State head coach, Suzie Fritz, had never won a game in Lincoln. And my feisty little Wildcats went in and believed that they could come out victorious. I can't stop smiling! My friend Matt Senske was watching the game with me. He went to Nebraska, so there is a bit of rivalry there. It's tough since I grew up a HUGE Nebraska fan, but I had to cheer for my Wildcats tonight. Here's the press release: Wildcats Upset No. 2 Nebraska

Matt and I both have tons of college gear that we wear all the time. Everyone knows anything purple is probably mine, and anything red or with an "N" on it is definitely Matt's. Most of the internationals call him "Big Nebraska". We were huddled in front of a computer, both with one earbud, and wearing our respective purple and red. So, as the game was going back and forth, and we were both voicing our opinions about our teams play, all I could think of was this commercial. It's one of my all time favorites. What would life be without college sports and rivalries?