Bungee Run

Now that I know the combine is June 18, this was the week I started going to Zoom more often. I did a sprint and lifting session on Monday. Lifting and jumping on Tuesday, and another sprint and lifting session on Friday. Monday and Tuesday weren't all that bad. I actually really looked forward to Tuesday's workout. It's only the second time I've been to Zoom and not had to do a sprint workout. That was really nice! Then Friday rolled around...

I was again subjected to the bungee run workout on Friday. I did several runs at a 30 degree incline with weights in my hands. Then out came the bungees. Imagine these kids from the video running uphill at a 40 degree angle at about 3/4 of the way down their run for 8 secondes. That's what I did. I did get to hold onto the bar for those. Thank goodness! At least I didn't get snapped like this poor kid! Ouch!



After that, I had 4 to 6 second runs at a 40 degree angle. Katelyn was definitely holding me on the treadmill at the end of those! It's amazing how much stronger I've gotten from the last time I did this workout a few months ago. I'm not saying it was easy by any means, but it was not nearly as horrible as I remember. I wasn't looking for the trash can at all, so I take that as a good sign.

Speaking of trash cans... There was a new kid at Zoom on Monday. He is a freshman football player for some area high school. Just like everyone else, he was going through a treadmill test on his first day. His running form wasn't bad, and he looked like he was holding up alright. At the end he was on all fours with his head on the ground. He wasn't looking so good at that point. All the trainers kept asking him if he was alright, and like any self-respecting teenage boy he waved them off and said he was alright. He made it all the way to the front reception area with his mom. She was talking to a staff member about something, and he was slumped over the chest high counter. It has been at least 30 minutes since the treadmill workout at this point. All of the sudden, he lost his cookies all over the counter and the floor. Nasty! But it was kind of funny since I didn't have to deal with it. After all that re-assuring and all that recovery time, he couldn't make it out the front door without puking. Good times at Zoom!