All the great ones were tall...

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to anyone who has served or country and my condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one. I truly appreciate your dedication and am ever grateful for the freedom you've sacrificed so dearly for. Let us never forget all those amazing men and women who protect us.

I couldn't start this post without recognizing the heroes who go to work for us everyday. I don't have anything that measures up to that in my small corner of the world, but I'll get to what this blog is all about. 19 days and counting. That's about the extent of my big updates. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Memorial Day weekend. I didn't have to do anything or go anywhere, and it was awesome! I went to the pool, slept in, had a picnic, and enjoyed life.

In other news, I am always astonished at how small the world is. The video I posted last week of the girl doing power cleans was one I randomly found on YouTube. I got a comment from my college weightlifting coach this week that he knows this girl and her dad. He learned all the "Finishes of the Day" we did at weightlifting from this guy. Crazy small world!

Other than that, I really don't have much to say this week. Two more hard weeks of preparation and about a week to recover before the big day. I can't believe it's only 3 weeks away! I've talked one my trainers at Zoom to come to the tryout with me. She's looking at the skeleton team, and I'm excited to have someone I know at the combine.

I used some of my amazing 3 day weekend to finish up another one of my "Epic Weekend in Utah" movies. I still laugh every time I watch or listen to a clip of this portion of our trip. We were all so excited to experience an Olympic venue for the first time that we often ended up all talking at once. It reminds me of one of my all time favorite movie scenes. I could actually quote this whole scene to you, but I'll spare you and just show you the original.



With that precursor, I give you...
One Epic Weekend in Utah Part 2: Utah Olympic Park 
Enjoy!