Let the Season Begin

Fall is finally here, and I love it! Time for the leaves to change, crisp air, cool evenings, tailgating, college football and the start of another bobsled season. I competed in my first national team trials on Saturday. If you had asked me a few years ago what I would be doing right now, it definitely wouldn't have been driving a bobsled 70mph down an icy track with my good friend Sinead Corley on brakes in Olympic team trials for USA bobsled. I am continually amazed and thankful that God has brought me to this place and prepared me for this moment. Who would have thought a girl from Kansas would be driving a bobsled? Not me.

I placed 6th out of 7 female competitors. The two race runs were my best runs of the week, and I'm really happy with how I drove and the results. It was such an honor to compete against so many past and future Olympians. I'm really excited to watch the Olympics this winter because I'll actually know several athletes competing. If you know me, you know how excited I get about the Olympics without knowing anyone. People watching with me better get prepared.

If you missed the race, check out the press release or you can watch the replay. I am the 6th sled off in the first heat for the women (about the 26:30 minute mark), and the first sled off in the second heat (about the 1:00:00 mark).

Holcomb and Meyers win first bobsled selection race  




I'll write a big, newsy post about the entire week with lots of pictures when I get a chance over the next few days. Yesterday was race day, and today I am traveling back to Dallas for one night at home. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed! Then I'll spend the next few days staying with family and traveling to Park City, Utah, for the second half of the team selection races. I love the Park City track, and I'm excited to go back and compete. Until then, peace be the journey.