Driving School

Last week was a blast! I was in driving school here in Park City. I broke for Katelyn here last year, but I'd never driven this track before. It is silky smooth compared to Lake Placid. Long, super smooth curves compared to Placid. That's the only other track I've ever driven, so this is a night and day difference.

I was in driving school with Hunter Church. We switched off driving and braking for each other. He is in the juniors program in Lake Placid. This is a development program for kids under the 16. He's been driving from Start 4 for several years now, but this was his first track to go off the top. And we moved up and made it down the day before his 16th birthday. He handled is like a champ. I'm not saying we didn't have a sketchy run or two, but he did really well.

His dad is our new sled mechanic in Lake Placid, and he took these pictures. Thanks Tom!

My first day pushing from the drivers bar. I made it in. I'm a real driver now.

Exit of Curve 6

Coming through Curve 12

Successful trip coming up the outrun
So excited for the upcoming America's Cup season to kick off this week. I'll be forerunning the practices and races here in Park City this week with 2 new brakeman. Anna Nostrant and Kelsey Heckathorne are brand new to the sport of bobsled, and they're brave enough to throw in with me. Huge props to them for giving this a shot. I took Anna down the track for the first time today. I think she liked it, but those first trips are all terrifying. Next week we head off to Calgary. Another new track to learn. Can't wait!