It's Christmas!

Christmas has come again! I love this time of year. Tons of time with family, good food, and celebrating Jesus birth. Just ask any of the four year old's I've been teaching this month at church. What are we celebrating? JESUS BIRTHDAY! (This is said in a yell of course.) And why is Jesus special? HE'S GOD'S SON! I don't know what it is about being little and needing to yell answers, but it makes for some very entertaining Sunday school classes, especially when the answer is wrong. We had a cake this Sunday for Jesus' birthday celebration. We used it in our lesson, but it wasn't for the kids to eat. They were really disappointed about that one. We had other, less messy, snacks to celebrate, but no cake. There were some gloomy faces around the table before the cookies came out.


So many good memories have been and will be made in these days surrounding Christmas. Hopefully the weather won't be as crazy as last year. I got snowed in at my grandparents house in Nebraska for three days. I've never been in a true white out like that before. I'm talking Little House On The Prairie, tie a rope to the barn, use a tractor as a generator, do not leave your house kind of experience. Since my grandparents had the only house with power, all my uncles, aunts, cousins, and a neighbor were there sharing close quarters. We totaled 13 in all. The rest of our family couldn't make because of the storm. I don't know where we would have put them if they had come. It's not a big house. Although it was a very memorable Christmas, I'm hoping we don't have another like it for awhile at least. Here are a few picture of the Nebraska Blizzard of 2009.


I got busy with all my Christmas festivities and didn't get a post up on Sunday. Sorry if you came here looking for a little something to brighten your day and found nothing new. I'm posting this now to reassure you that I'm still here and next Sunday, I'll tell you all about my trip with Dad. It was a blast! We met people from all over the world and saw some awesome sports up close and personal. I should have a video or two ready to show you by then too.

On a closing note, I have been to Zoom twice since I last wrote to you. I don't know if you remember that video I posted near the beginning about The Beast, but I encourage you to go watch it if you need to laugh. This poor guy is on a treadmill, and he is clearly not in control of himself or the treadmill. There is also a video with a girl shooting off the back of the treadmill. Well, this weekend I embraced these videos and joined the ranks of those The Beast has owned. I didn't fly off the back, but I was layed out in the full superman position holding onto the handles for dear life! I was really tired, and both my feet didn't quite make it off the treadmill when it came time to hop off. My left foot caught the belt and shot out from under me. Thank goodness I was still holding on! Vince shut The Beast down right away, and I came away from the encounter unscathed. Phew! It was definitely a close call, but I survived to tell the tale.

Monday was another plyometrics workout. Lots and lots of jumping, hopping, running, med ball tossing, and weight sled pushing. I'm glad I have someone there to really push me hard once a week because it's really difficult to inflict that kind of pain on yourself without some encouragement. I actually pretty sore after Saturday's workout, but Monday loosened me up and got me feeling much better. It's so counter-intuitive to work out already sore muscles to make them feel better. It just seems like there should be a better (aka nicer, easier, less painful) way to fix the issue. But alas, it is not so.


Well, that taps my well of information. So, in the words of the famous Christmas song, "Have yourself a merry little Christmas!" Enjoy Christmas and make lots of memories. Spend quality time with the people and give your love. You can't give a greater gift than that.